Industry demands that the people employed in construction, service and engineering maintenance works are highly skilled and have sufficient knowledge and understanding to carry out all work activities safely and efficiently. The Company’s long standing association with ECITB has enabled IPS to ensure that all personnel undertake recognised accredited training courses. In recognition of the Company’s most valuable assets, IPS is pleased to announce that it has become a signatory to ECITB Skills & Training Charter.
The Company has made a commitment to continue to develop our workforce to meet the needs of our Clients. The Company will also endeavour to support and encourage future growth through recruitment and training.
The Goals of the Charter
– To develop a more extensive pool of skilled and competent individuals that will design, project manage, build and service engineering construction projects now and in the future.
– To give opportunities to school leavers and adults to obtain engineering construction knowledge, skills and qualifications that will be of long term value to them and the industry throughout their career.
– To develop and create an improved industry culture in training, and developing the workforce and addressing succession.
– Promote the Charter as a positive force for skills development within the industry.
– Identify the training and development needs of our existing workforce, and set these out in an annual plan of action, to ensure future workload needs are met by building individual capability.
– Identify the future capacity needs of our organisation and recruit and train sufficient individuals to meet the current and future workload requirements.
– Where ever possible, commit to recruiting and training young people on Apprentice Programmes to meet our future capability and capacity needs.
– Where necessary, commit to recruiting and training Graduates to meet capability and capacity issues.